Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Odds and Ends

I am more excited then I should be about Spring Break officially ending tonight. It's not just that the girls will be back in school tomorrow and I will have three whole quiet hours to get things done all by myself. But I like our regular schedule and routine, especially since I'm a creature of habit. So I'm really looking forward to it!

That being said, we had a fantastic Spring Break, most of which I already wrote about. But I left out a few odds and ends.

Monday night Sami came over because she missed the girls! It was the sweetest thing! She played with the girls, read scriptures and said prayers with us. Then she tucked Riley in bed and the laid on my bed singing Frozen songs with Keagan while I took a shower. That created a sweet special memory for all of us!


Poor Riley got a nasty blister on her heal from the rodeo. And this fantastic momma didn't realize it until AFTER she walked around the Children's Museum all day Tuesday! What a trooper that girl is! But man I wish she could just tell me when something is wrong!!

This week I rocked Riley to sleep (she was overly tired and couldn't settle down) in the exact same rocking chair my parents rocked me. And I read the book "Corduroy" to Keagan that my parents read to me. I love that!

On Friday for lunch we had a "grilled cheese off." Which of course means it was a competition between what makes a better sandwich, yummy real cheddar or yummy fake cheese that is Craft American singles. The real stuff won.

On Thursday when we went to the Aquarium we were actually planning on going to an exhibit at Discovery Green. After we got there we discovered it wasn't open until Saturday. So the kids played on the playground until it was swarmed by day care kids.














And finally, we had lots of tea parties this week!


Now bring on Monday! Wow, I never thought I would say that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment