Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Hello Spring!

Well hello Spring! We've been expecting you.


















Can you believe the girls aren't matching?! This was yesterday on the first day of Spring and also on a Thursday. Keags gets to dress herself on Thursdays. And I grin and bear it usually. But we really enjoyed the afternoon!

Which was a good thing because today was downright horrible and awful! Riley and I went to TCH for Neurology. We love Dr Clark but he is a little concerned Riley's Polymicrogyria may be caused by CMV which is a common virus that may cause birth defects. When they can't find a genetic cause for PMG, like in Riley's case, it is often attributed to CMV. The only way to confirm that is by letting the Center for Disease Control test the blood stain that was taken at birth. So now I have to track down Riley's blood stain from a hospital that I hate in Hawaii from over 5 years ago. The other bad news is that often times CMV kids lose their hearing. That hit me hard today!





Then I took my darling girl to our yearly appointment with MHMRA, or the Mental Health and Mental Retardation Association of our county. I had to meet with someone to prove and confirm that... a. Riley is still intellectually disabled and that b. I am still poor.

Ugggggg! I'm ready for bed! Hey, at least it's Spring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment