Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Pillow Time

There is three things in this life that my Riley girl LOVES to do! And I do mean "loves" with passion behind it.

Eat, sleep and smile!

Well to be honest, there is really quite a long list of things the girl loves to do. But these are definitely the top three!

If you know Riley, then you know her smile! And the girl will seriously eat anything and everything! I have no idea where she puts it all everyday. My hypothesis is she's got extra stomachs hidden in her thighs! Hey maybe thats my problem too! And she loves to sleep. I just wish she would like to do a little more of it in the wee hours of the morning. But I really shouldn't complain because after the nightmare of much needed sleep training years ago, she is so easy to put down and sleeps 7 to 6!

Since she stopped taking naps, a couple of weeks ago, she is obviously very sleepy by her 7 o'clock bed time. So after we have family prayer she beams and is so happy to go upstairs and go to bed, in her crib. But I've known for a while now that Miss Riley isn't too thrilled about still sleeping in a crib, when her sister has been in a big girl bed for a long time. I love how she asserts herself as a big girl, but I don't think either one of us is ready for that move. So this is a little problem I've been mulling over...until tonight.








I decided to give Riley a pillow in her crib. I found the flattest one we have and offered it up to her as a good compromise. And she was thrilled to take it! As soon as I put it in her crib she flopped down on it and curled up to get comfy. She then giggled with excitement as Keagan and cousin Kellie had to come in to see. She wouldn't even let me adjust the pillow for her. She's thrilled!

The idea has made me nervous for a long time, but after a lot of thought I feel like its time. The girl is 4 and has much better strength and control then she did 6 months ago. It does make me feel a little better that I am watching her on the monitor and right after I left her room she slid off the pillow and went to sleep.

But she went to sleep tonight with a huge smile and a little more big girl credit then she did last night. Layin on that pillow she looks older already!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment