Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Keags

Miss Keagan burst into this world as an amazing, smart, fun, strong and lovable little girl. But she does have my stubborn side, is what could be described as a "vocal child" and is slightly on the demanding side. Her uncle Todd refers to her as a "little high maintenance." She is the cutest high maintenance kid I've ever seen!


But lately she has been blossoming in ways that this momma is really likin'! The past week I've been calling her my "big helper" and praising her for being such a great big sister! I've caught myself soaking in her laughter more and being on the receiving end of more of her cherished and exclusive kisses! I really, really like where this is going!


Not long ago she decided she was going to feed Riley her dinner. It was just as darling as could be! It is not an easy task and one in which many in our family refuse to do. But Keags was patient and sweet as she fed Riley mashed potatoes and chicken. It was one of those moments I wanted to freeze in time! What a fantastic big sister she is growing up to be!





She has also helped more and more with her little sister lately. When Riley is upset she knows just how to make her laugh. And I have even caught her sharing toys with Riley! This picture is her telling Riley all about how she needs to be a good girl! Look how Riley looks up to her, literally and figuratively.


Two days ago Keags pulled me away from the dishes into the playroom. She beamed with pride to show me she had cleaned the entire messy room completely by herself! She even put things where they really do belong. That task was one on a long list for me that morning. I appreciated that service from my darling 4 year old immensely!


Tonight as we laid in her bed and I was scratching her back as part of our nightly routine, I let my fingers trace the outlines of her big scars. While watching her sleep I gave prayers of gratitude for the amazing little miracle she is! And for how far she has come from that very sick and very tiny little baby! I'm so thankful for all the wonderful things she brings into my life! She will face her own challenges, some from being raised by a single mom and some from having a special needs twin sister. But somehow I know she will face them all with her strength, her bright gorgeous eyes and with no problem. I'm just lucky to be her mom, to be able to witness it and hopefully get more kisses along the way!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment