Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Good Friend?






I really have to admit that I am just not a good friend. It's a sad reality that I've been forced to come to. I HATE talking on the phone and my crazy life does not leave me very much free time to just hang with friends. My babysitter situation is all sorts of complicated and once the girls are asleep and I could go out, I would much rather climb in bed myself.

Despite that, I am blessed with a lot of great friends from all the places Ive lived, ones at church, others I've met through my sister or other friends, and several really great friends that I've had for a really long time. These old friends are the ones I cherish the most. These are a handful of women who are low maintenance friends that love me despite my short comings on the friendship duties. These are friends who I don't often see (only one lives in the same city) but when I do see we just pick up right where we left off.

Today was a day full of fun with one of those great friends. Haircuts together, lunch and an afternoon at the pool with Taryn and her sweet kids was so great! There is something amazing about having a friend that you can really talk about anything with! And I do mean anything.
I may slack on other friend duties, but I can always promise a good listening ear, someone to laugh with or at, a shoulder to cry on, and some take it or leave it advice. I'm truly so blessed to get the same thing back from some wonderful women!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I love that I get to call you a good friend and love it even more that I consider you a sister. You were my mother's favorite child you know...

    ReplyDelete