Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Who could say no to Riley?







This is a picture of the badges that Kroger store cashiers will be wearing for two weeks in June. My Riley girl will be helping raise money for Texas Children's Hospital through the Children's Miracle Network campaign. Seriously, who could look at that sweet face and not want to buy one of those paper balloons for a dollar?!

I spoke at the campaign kick of meeting for the Kroger managers this morning. It is always therapeutic in a way to tell Riley's story and briefly touch on all that we have been through. When I condense it all down for a speech like that, I am amazed myself at what this incredible 3 year old has been through in her short life!

Then unfortunately after I picked her up from school today, she had a seizure. They are so hard on both of us! We were driving in the car so I pulled over to the side of the road and stood there with cars passing by and just held my baby while she was disoriented and out of it. She quickly fell asleep and then was very happy and full of energy after a 30 minute nap in the car. Keagan happened to sleep through the whole thing herself. I am repeatedly amazed at Riley's resiliency and strength! Today I am again reminded that I am so blessed to be her mom!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment