Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Moments

So much of being a single mom is just hard work, any way you look at it. Very hard work. Some moments and even some full days are exhausting, trying, frustrating and difficult. And then there are those little moments that make all the others completely worth it.

The girls and I were in the car with Nana this afternoon. I was reminding them that Nana and I were going to a "meeting" (otherwise know as Sams choir concert) and that Gama Linda was coming over to play with them. In her absolute sweetest voice, with all sincerity, Keagan said "But mom I will miss you!" I actually felt my heart melt in my chest. There is not enough money in the world that could buy the incredible feeling that comes from the love of your child! Little moments like that are priceless!

I had a similar one yesterday. Again it was in the car with both girls. The girls had been playing nicely, with no fighting for awhile and it continued in the car. Keagan was being so sweet to Riley and playing peek-a-boo. Then Keags says to me "mom I love Riley so much! I love my sister!" After thanking her for being so sweet and talking to her about that, I asked Riley if she loved Keagan. Riley immediately looked at her sister and gave her one of her biggest smiles. In Riley's world that means a big yes.

I feel so blessed to be these girls mother! Even on my hard days (otherwise known as most days), it's such an honor. And these are the moments that make it all worth it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment