Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day

I had a good mothers day. I'm so thankful for the two precious little girls who made me be able to celebrate this day! Even on the days that they make me absolutely crazy (most days) I feel so blessed that the Lord is letting me borrow them for a little while.

I am also thankful for their teachers who helped them make my mothers day gifts! They will be cherished for years to come!


Keagan gave me a flower in a hand painted pot made from a coffe can!



Riley's sweet handprints (which are really not easy to get), her scribbles and a poem.



Riley's card!



Flowers that Keagan picked all by herself in the back yard!

Single moms spend this day a little differently then moms who have a husband to coordinate gifts and supervise breakfast in bed. I still did all my usual chores and care taking today but had the chance to feel a little extra loved by a mother who gave me a gift from my girls and a brother in law who included me in on a great mothers day dinner. I was also able to take the time to really appreciate the unique blessings that come from being a mother. It's the most exhausting and hardest job I've ever had! But also the most rewarding, fulfilling and important!

My greatest blessings definitely call me mom!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Happy be-lated Mother's Day Em! You are one Rockin' Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious!

    Kari Blenderman

    ReplyDelete