Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

This and That

It's time for a little catch up. Last week was ROUGH!! Let's just say I had to use a knife to scrape POOP out of the rug!! Yup! Amazing huh! It was just one of those kind of weeks!

Riley has made huge strides in therapy over the last week! Yesterday in speech therapy she said a "meow!" And in physical therapy on Friday she stood on her own for 9 seconds!!

Keagan had a petting zoo come to school last week! As she describes it, there was a giraffe there' I'm pretty sure it was a Llama. Hey they both have long necks. She also says they had baby piggies, sheeps, and tiny tiny goats! Her comment to me was "don't worry mom. They had germ rub!"

Riley is one busy girl and she just got busier. Her therapy schedule almost doubled because she reached the age where she can't combine therapy session of two disciplines. As her mom and advocate I have to be her voice of what is the best plan for her, despite what others may say. This can be stressful but I am trying to balance what is too much for her and what she needs and benefits from. She now has 6 therapy visits a week with Tuesday's off to do nothing. And school five days a week! That's a busy 3 year old! I would really LOVE to add horse therapy to her team, but I just can't figure out where it would fit!

Keagan is getting older by the day! She is so smart too! The other day Gamas gave Riley a stuffed Dori fish when we went to visit her at Kleb. When Keagan got in the car after school she said "Hey it's Nemos friend!" I was surprised because she has only seen that movie one time and it was a very long time ago. Apparently she remembers them from our Disneyworld trip almost a year ago!

I chopped Miss Riley's hair last week. Paul Mitchell is definitely not calling, but I'm pretty proud that I did such a good job. She absolutely hates getting her hair done every morning. It's almost as much of a struggle as giving her medicine 2 times a day. And I'm just not one of those moms that can leave her hair undone. So I cut it short so there is less to brush, and get medicine and food in. She looks so cute!

At church on Sunday Keags told a girl that she wasn't as pretty as her cousin Kellie!

I dropped my phone in the sink while doing dishes early last week. Nothing like your phone being out of commission to make you realize how much you NEED it. Ok maybe it's a slight addiction. One which my mother loathes. But in going through all my old pics to put some back on my new phone, look what I found...my babies...as babies!!
















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment