Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Good Heart







On Tuesday I strolled the too familiar halls of Texas Children's Hospital, but not with my usual partner. Because she has a twin sister with a serious heart condition, Keagan has to be fully examined by Cardiology every two years. And Tuesday was her day.

We had a small scare when the EKG showed possible thickening of the heart wall in the left ventricle. I have to admit I immediately got sick and my mind started racing. I just know all too well how hard that path is to walk. But the more reliable ECHO cardiogram showed everything was just fine! Thank heavens! Literally!!

Keagan was pretty scared the entire 3 and a half hours. That makes me sad but there is a tiny benefit of her sitting quietly on the rare occasion that occurs. The ECHO however was brutal. She was absolutely terrified of the dark room and weird machine. I can't blame her. Once we got a good cartoon on, I laid down on the bed with her and held her, and we literally pried her fingers off of me and got started, she was just fine.

This appointment has been on my mind for several weeks and for that amount of time Miss Keagan has wanted a new umbrella. After a trip to the gift shop to reward the brave girl with a fantastic umbrella, we drove home with smiles of relief on our faces!

2 comments:

  1. Can I please tell you how amazingness it is the Keagan wanted nothing but an umbrella. How cool is she!!! So darling!!

    ReplyDelete