Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Miracle Day









Yesterday Riley was the featured "miracle kid" at a Children's Miracle Network event. The event was for Walmart employees and held at a nice convention center. We were celebrating that last year the Houston area Walmarts raised $500,000 for Texas Children's Hospital. And we were kicking off this years campaign. I stood for ten minutes to tell Riley's story. There was over 150 people there including my girls, Nana and my sister Lisa and I hadn't prepared any notes. I wanted to speak from the heart and it's very easy to tell Riley's story- there's a lot to tell! And it's very easy to compliment TCH and the incredible people there who have not only saved Riley's life but also made it better. My speech went well but I think for the Kroger kick off in May I will prepare some notes. I was just so honored that we were able to be a part of such a wonderful event and that now there are even more members of Team Riley!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Spring Cypress Rd,Spring,United States

0 comments:

Post a Comment