Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

I had a good friend ask me today if it was politically correct to wish a Mormon Happy Easter! It really made me laugh. Christ is the center of our Religion and therefor the center of our lives. He is my Savior, my Redeemer. So of course we celebrate this beautiful weekend in which He atoned for my sins, died on the cross for me and then left an empty tomb and was resurrected 3 days later. I know that my Redeemer lives as much as I know I'm tired right now! I know He loves me and made it possible for me to return to live with my Heavenly Father again one day by His unimaginable sacrifice. I am so eternally thankful every minute of every day! And I will celebrate that this weekend.

That being said, today was Good Friday and we celebrated unlike most people did. But that has more to do with us being Texan then being Mormon. We went to the George Ranch Historical Park where we toured what homes in Texas looked like in 1830, 1870 and the 1900s. Then we watched a fascinating Cowboy show. Doesn't everybody celebrate Good Friday with people dressed in period clothing telling seriously amazing stories of history and a cowboy with a handle bar mustache showing your kids how to rope cattle?!
















Then my hot Friday night date was taking Riley, Keagan and Addie to Chuckie Cheese for some good old fashioned germ and cheap pizza filled fun! Now that accounts for a Good Friday!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment