Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Conference Weekend

The first weekend in April and October are such incredible ones! I am beyond thankful to hear the words of the Lord being taught by a modern day Prophet of God and Apostles during General Conference of the LDS church. And for the messages they bring into my living room to enrich and better myself and my family.

I can't help but feel so touched that there were talks that were so perfectly fitted for me at this time. There was a talk about single moms and how the Lord is with us to help us raise righteous children and to carry the load placed upon our shoulders. And one about the choice spirits of people with disabilities and special needs. I was also touched by the messages on the plan of happiness, parenthood, the importance of Christ and His atoning sacrifice and being kind and not judging others. It was an extraordinary weekend!

That being said its not easy to distract two little three year olds so that I can reverently feel the spirit as I watch all four sessions on tv. That is eight hours of trying to keep the girls busy and somewhat quite while I desperately try to extract the messages the Lord has in store for me. That is no easy task and one that usually results in an extremely messy house. You would have thought I'm raising two tornados in my home! I also disappointingly admit that once or twice (or maybe more) I may have raised my voice at the girls to stop fighting or be quite. It's pretty ironic that one such time was during a talk about how important it is to teach our children with the spirit and to show them how to live the gospel! Pretty ironic.

But they were so cute while I watched the Sunday morning session. They were actually playing together so nicely. Keagan was sharing and Riley wasn't pushing any buttons. They were laughing and working on puzzles and toys together. When I went upstairs to quickly change my clothes, I came down to them hysterically laughing. Keagan had Riley under her armpits and was dragging her around! She was then trying to maneuver Riley onto a blanket and pull her around that way! It was so funny! Their laughs are so contagious. There's not a better sound!

After Keagan was completely worn out, she proceeded to make little beds for the two of them. She put them together completely on her own and then dragged her sister into place. That resulted in the quietest 15 minutes I had all weekend! They actually laid still and giggled at each other and then pretended to sleep. It was great!








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I love it when I find my girls happly playing as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little ones keep raising the bar on the "that's the most precious thing I have ever seen category...."

    ReplyDelete