Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Do It Myself!







It's a natural stage for all toddlers. The "I do it myself" stage. Keagan has been saying this to me for quite some time. She wants to open the car door herself, brush her teeth herself, get a snack herself, get dressed herself. Little miss independent.

Most mommies just grin and bear it through this stage and let their kids exert their independence. But when you have a disabled child like Riley, it makes this stage alot harder AND alot easier. The mechanics of it are harder. Riley just went through SIX pieces of cheap pizza pretty quickly to get one piece worth in her mouth. And she has created quite the mess in the process. But, once I look past having to clean up the 785th mess of the day, having Riley go through this stage is easier because I'm actually celebrating that she can do it! It's so great that she can get some pizza in her mouth! Im proud of her for trying so hard. And she's proud of herself! So yeah I guess that seriously expensive and seriously gourmet frozen pizza was totally worth it!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment