Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Kikuchi Girls in Utah, Day 4

More wonderful and priceless memories made today! We are very happy, very happy and very tired girls! 

We had a mellow morning of hanging out and playing with all of the great toys at my Aunt Mary's house. A lot of them were toys that I played with in this very house! Then we did a little shopping and had the most fantastic lunch at Mo Bettah Steaks! I have been dying for some local Hawaiian food and got a really  good fix today!
Then it was off to Provo! We drove around and I pointed out all the sites and marveled at all the things that have changed since my college days. We oohed and ahhed over the new Provo temple that is almost done! On a side note we have seen a total of 8 temples in 3 days on this trip which is just incredible! 

And then I carried out the big part of my  indocterinization of turning my children into serious BYU fans! We walked all around campus as I gushed at how amazing the greatest school on earth is. To seal their love of my school I kind of set them lose in the Bookstore and we went a little crazy! When the cashier told me my total I was a little surprised, but it's worth it for the Cougars! 
And if I didn't get them with the official BYU coloring books and sweatshirts, I for sure got them with the bowling alley in the Wilk! We had a blast and Keags bowled her first strike!

Then it was on to another night from heaven! Most of my Ginn cousins we able to get together at the Simpsons house in Springville for dinner and I'm not sure we could have had more fun! We laughed, chatted and heard great southern stories like the Ginn family does so well! Keagan and Riley had an absolute ball with all my cousins kids! They set up a manicure station, put together several little dances, jumped on the tramp and built friendships. The amazing Aunt Brooke even took all the little kids to get snow cones at one of the Snow Shacks she owns. So they got treats and I got to hug all my family and their kids! It was delightful!!
Some incredible women right here!
All the little kids. The big kids had already dispersed to their real Friday night plans.
All the Ginn twins!
Tomorrow will be 8 years since my dad died. Tonight when I was belly laughing at a table, in the beautiful cool weather with all three of his sisters and my mom, not to mention some of his favorite nieces and nephew, I knew he would be over the moon happy that we were there! I wouldn't have been surprised if he happened to stop by tonight! That sends the night over the edge for me! That and that Keagan got in the car and said "mom I really love all my cousins!"

Great food, BYU and family! I'm not sure it gets much better then this! So incredibly thankful we came!! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment