Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Kikuchi Girls in Utah, Day 2

Heaven! Like pure heaven! That was our day. I just loved it!

We started out with a yummy breakfast at Kneaders Bakery and then I showed the girls all my old stomping grounds. The little house I lived in until I was 8, my elementary school and my childhood park! What a fun walk down memory lane! Keagan insisted she was going to roll down the hill at Flat Iron Mesa park but the grass was too cold so she just tried to run down and totally ate it face first! We seriously don't have hills in Texas.
Then it was onto the reason for this quick trip, visiting Grandma Edwards! It was such a great visit with that darling almost 99 year old! She was so happy to see the girls and I and I couldn't have been happier to hear her talk and tell stories for  almost an hour and a half! She talked about every mom having a chocolate stash, the St George temple, riding horses when she was young, not spoiling kids with iPhones or watching too much TV, how much easier life is in 2015, and how grateful she is for the gospel of Jesus Christ! It was just wonderful! And we got pictures of 4 generations of stubborn, strong and amazing women together! See? Heaven! 
Then we went to the best restaurant on the face of the earth for lunch with my cousin Becki, Cafe Rio and rode the Trax downtown! That's where we were full on Mormon tourists and did the whole Temple Square experience! I had very happy girls, absolutely gorgeous weather and an awesome visitors center and beauty all around! I'm telling you it was heaven! 
She was feeling the nail prints in his feet! 
Doesn't everyone cartwheel around the temple?
Heaven! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment