Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Kikuchi Girls in Utah, Day 1

Im back!

I haven't been to Utah in over 10 years! It's a place I lived for the first 10 years of my life and then another 6 years in my college/early married years. And before that I traveled here often. So it's so weird to me that it's been that long. Even weirder, my girls have never been here! They have also never met Grandma Edwards! So when Nana asked us to help her take a trip to Utah to see Grandma, I didn't hesitate much. 

It was a seriously LONG day getting here with a layover in Phoenix. But the Keags and Rys did pretty well! iPads, food and coloring kept them busy and my secret weapon for Riley- cuddling with Nana. Poor Riley was pretty terrified for both take offs and didn't quite know what to do with her ears popping on each landing. But she loved the people watching of course. In the airports Miss Keagan was quite concerned about what we needed to be doing when. But she was also so animated and excited about seeing new things! She was beyond thrilled to see mountains for the very first time and deep canyons in Southern Utah and Arizona. She was excited about the plane and was insistent on reviewing the safety guide! And thrilled she packed her own backpack with no less then four stuffed animals in it! 

Aunt Mary was nice enough to let us stay with her! The girls love her house because she has two basements which is such a novelty to them! I am so happy to be back, it smells like Utah outside and I love the feel of Utah grass beneath me feet! I'm most excited for the girls to be here and have a great quick trip! 

We are exhausted tonight but we will hit the ground running tomorrow to pack in as much as possible in 3 days! Utah, the Kikuchi girls are here! Watch out!
Pretending to sleep! They were so busy the whole time! I wish they would have slept!

0 comments:

Post a Comment