Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Bloody Truth

Hallelujah! Keagan's blood work is done. It took a whole village to get it done, but it's done!

She has cried before bed every night since her cardiology appointment on Tuesday because she knew they were going to "take the blood out of her body." And yesterday morning she cried for two hours before we went. So I enlisted backup, which was the best idea ever. I do this ALL the time with Riley all by myself, but because Keagan is not used to this like her sister and she anticipates what is going to happen, it is a whole different story. Makes me so sad for both my girls!

I enlisted Keagans favorite person, and Sa brought along Addie and her friend Kristin too. All of us in the room plus the two phlebotomists was quite a scene! Keagan was crying before we went in but was trying so hard to be brave. As soon as they got the needle near her both Keags AND Riley burst into tears. Riley's sympathy cries were legit, so I had to ask Addie and Kristin to take her to the lobby. I almost had sympathy cries myself when the phlebotomist had to poke Keagan three different times and was digging around for the vein. I usually don't allow that with Riley but I knew there was no way we were going to get Keagan back there. After some desperate but silent prayers and three pokes in two arms, they finally got their five viles of blood. Keagan walked away with two sore arms that she almost refused to bend the rest of the day and a whole lot of relief that it was over!

Before Addie left she got some seriously sad pictures first.





- Posted using BlogPress

0 comments:

Post a Comment