Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring Break, Day 1

Recovery is the word of the day! No one showed any signs of sickness last night or today! Seriously can I get a hallelujah?! We might be able to have a Spring Break after all!

But we still kept ourselves quarantined for safe measures today. And we buckled down and got this place put back together! I introduced the girls to the idea of list making and list checking. My little type A Keagan was ALL about that! I think I may have created a monster. We cleaned, lysoled and cloroxed it all! It was fantastic! I mean we even rotated mattresses. Now that's serious!





And I was SUPER proud of myself because I fixed the toilet! It has been semi broken for seriously two months and I've been putting off calling a plumber. Today it really wouldn't flush and I YouTubed it and fixed the problem. And it wasn't even an easy problem. I had to take the pump apart and replace one of the seals. Even the guys at Ace Hardware were impressed with me! I was just thrilled I did it by myself! I only had to pay 4 dollars for the part when a plumber would have been 100 times that!


But it wasn't all work today. The girls had a blast creating a clubhouse in my closet, doing another one of Keagans many "science experiments" that she makes up, and after all the chores were done I let them paint! They made ceramic Disney princesses into masterpieces and loved it!








But the brightest part of our day was generous and thoughtful friends who we are SO lucky to have in our lives!! The sweet Talleys showed up at lunch time with delicious homemade chicken noddle soup and chocolate chip cookies! Janelle brought some beautiful flowers over and Melanie dropped off a yummy warm loaf of bread! Seriously I am overwhelmed with the kindness that is shown to us! We love these great, great people!

And we love not being sick! Hopefully everybody sleeps again tonight and wakes up ready to party! Tomorrow may just be our big day to go back out into the world again. I sure hope so!


Posted using BlogPress

0 comments:

Post a Comment