Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Battle Wounds

My Keags loves to do gymnastics and tricks. She is quite good at them for a darling little 4 year old! Last night, with the Frenchs at our house, the energy was high and the tricks were many. Right when I was about to walk out the door to go to Young Women's, Keagan tried a new trick that just didn't go so well! She was trying to run up and put her weight on the handles of Riley's metal toy grocery cart and gracefully kick her feet high up in the air. Sounds spectacular right? I think we've been watching a little too much "So You Think You Can Dance!" Obviously the cart is not stable or heavy enough to support her, so the basket flipped up and hit her straight in the noggin!

In the other room I heard the hit and the immediate tears that followed, and knew it was not going to be good. I ran and scooped her right up and when I pulled her off my chest to look at the damage, I knew the blood covering my white shirt was not a good sign. She had cut her right eye in three different places and it just absolutely broke my heart! I felt so bad for my sweet girl! As a mom, when your babies hurt, you hurt!





We went straight to the Urgent Care center. She was hurting and very scared, but calmed down once we were there. Thankfully we brought Nana! We were lucky enough that she could get liquid stitches, the Dermabond glue, instead of the good ole needle and thread! She was such a good girl and was very brave! I was supper proud of her!

Today, now that the adrenaline has all worn off, I just feel so bad that her gorgeous little face is all cut up! She is still as stunning as ever, just with some battle wounds. At least she got them with some flare, and going all out. That matches her personality perfectly. Come to think of it, this may just be the beginning. Really between her and Riley I should probably just buy stock in Urgent Care. Or better yet, I should lasso in a cute ER doctor! I bet he would come with an unlimited supply of Dermabond! But until then I have my gorgeous girl with her battle wounds to cuddle up with tonight. I wouldn't have it any other way.







1 comments:

  1. Troubling about what might happen will not an individual
    deal with what's at hand. This comes inside of handy if uncover yourself short energy. All importantly, though, a 2014 Lexus Turn into has brand exposure. Co-branding involves combining a couple of or more brand names into a single again product or product. http://www.zentrento.altervista.org/gallery/index.php?album=arco-gruppo-arrampicata-dopo-sesshin-kushi-ling-11-marzo-2012&image=IMG_1684.jpg

    ReplyDelete