Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Special Olympics

Keagan and I went to help the cutest class ever with their mini Special Olympics event today. It was so fun! Riley was excited to have us in her little world, only for a little while. And I was so glad I didn't miss this cute event!

Each "young athlete" took a turn doing 5 obstacles, and loved cheering each other on. Keagan was a big help by demonstrating each challenge for Miss B. And Riley did a fantastic job! She maneuvered great in her walker for the first four and once she was out of her walker for number five she was thrilled to do it just like her friends. That included her version of a bear crawl with her hands on the ground while she scooted. She knew exactly what she was supposed to do and did it well, Riley style!











Keagan demonstrating the jumping jacks for the amazing Miss B...


I was so proud of both my girls today! Riley had a blast and really did a great job. When we left Keagan said "I really liked helping Riley's friends! It made me feel good!" Sweet, sweet girls! That was until I tried to take off Riley's special shirt she got! Ohhh momma! That little girl was mad! She finally calmed down when Nana remembered Riley's Boosterathon shirt she could wear. Today's shirt said "Special Olympics Texas. Young Athletes Program." Now that we know how fun the Special Olympics program is and that Riley loves it, I have a feeling we just might be collecting more of those shirts one day.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment