Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

It’s Not What You Think

Is there a better place to catch up on blogging then the waiting room of your plastic surgeons office? Plastic surgeon you say? Well it’s not what you think. The other 6 people in here probably assume I’m here for a tummy tuck but alas it’s just to get my stitches out. 

It’s been an interesting 2 weeks since I had the skin cancer cut out. I’ve had 734 people ask me about my bandage, 730 of them were children. I have used the mystery cut under my bandage to tell kindergarteners at school that’s why we don’t run in the cafeteria and 5th graders that I may be dying from a horrible disease so they have to be extra nice to me. The last couple of days I have told people I was bitten by a shark. That’s WAY cooler then I had a nasty mole and way less sterile then encapsulated squamous cell carcinoma! But I have told everyone to make good choices, take care of themselves and that the human body’s ability to heal is amazing thanks to our loving creator! I am surely thankful! Now let’s cut these bad boys out! 

While dodging bandage questions and doing the endless amounts of paperwork and phone calls that it takes to be a special needs Mom, this week I have also been evaluating myself on how well I am doing with filling in the gaps of the dad part that all single moms need to cover. There is SO much that Keagan and Riley need from their dad that I could never replace. But I did realize this week that this momma is not just what you think! I am currently rocking at least some jobs that the dad usually covers. I’ve got the stupid dad jokes, the wrestling, the tickling, and the teasing part that dads usually do down! Im pretty proud of that! As for the rest of it, I’m leaving much to be desired. But since it’s the holidays already let’s just focus on the good stuff I’m actually doing, ok? 

And a day at school isn’t always what you think either! Last Friday was the day before and an entire week off for Thanksgiving break and there was a whole lot more partying then studying going on! Of course the Kikuchi girls loved it! 

Friday was Riley’s class annual Thanksgiving Feast! Her amazing teachers go all out with the delicious food and the most darling handmade decor! It is my favorite way to start out the holiday season! I even cooked for it so you know I was excited! It was a special time for Riley and I and I laughed so hard at her thankful for list. They said she insisted that Riley was the first thing on the list and of course food and boots also made the lineup. Keagan also brought home a thankful list which stated “I am thankful for my mom because she is the best!” I think I’m going to frame that one! Or maybe tattoo it on her arm so she remembers it as a teenager! 














Also on Friday both girls got to hang their handmade ornament on the Mahaffey Christmas tree! Riley’s was an angel with her picture on it and Keags was a cute snowman. My favorite part was that Keagan asked to borrow my phone while I was talking to her teacher and she went a little selfie crazy! 















But the party didn’t stop there! The Friday fun continues with a popcorn party for all the kids whose moms joined PTO so far this yyear! That’s some lucky kids of some awesome moms! 


And how cute is this pic both Mrs Merillat and I caught of Riley and Alessandro from different views? These two both say they are getting married one day! 




A sometimes exhausting and tedious job at an elementary school, where trust me I make the big bucks, is not what it looks like either. Since I have to work, I love working part time at the girls school so I can see them during the day, know their friends and teachers and be a part of so much that’s going on. Not to mention all the incredible co workers I have and that the girls still run and give me hugs! Just look at Keagan’s notes on her teachers copy requests that she brings to the workroom! This is the stuff that makes my job a million times better then any other and not what you think!


This week we also very excitedly cheered Addie on at her dance recital at the beautiful new Klein Cain, Keagan worked outside for Nana with Bubba all Saturday morning, and the girls had different play dates with Lauren, Campbell and Avery too. 




And hallelujah we finally got yearly/Christmas card pictures done this weekend! Man I absolutely LOVE having these pictures each year and sending a Christmas card but when you look at the gorgeous photos I forget every year that they are not what they look like! They are stressful!! I stressed and searched forever on what the girls were going to wear and trying to get Riley to actually look at the camera and smile is just down right exhausting! But I know I will adore the finished project!! We took them in Old Town Spring with my friend Marguerite Pagano and I can’t wait to see them! 













And now we are all really thankful for a week off, for some down time, some time to work on projects and of course to celebrate Thanksgiving! Because let’s be honest, after all that I have posted that we have done during the past week can you guess what we look like? Yep we are actually exactly what you think...TIRED! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment