Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A Soaked Halloween

Almost every year I try to get ahead of the game in late August/early September and get the girls Halloween costumes picked and purchased. And almost every year I kick myself because as it gets closer to October 31st the darling little things change their mind. Well in the last year I forgot all about that again and found myself at the beginning of September asking Keags and Rys what they want to be for Halloween. Immediately Keagan said Princess Leia and with lots of choices Riley insisted on a certain Cinderella costume even though she has been Cinderella before. It’s obviously her favorite. Well this year they must have had conviction with their choices because no one changed their mind and both have been thrilled all the way thru tonight with their costumes! That makes a momma happy! So does the fact that I can use the costumes each year as one of the girls birthday gifts! And that Keagan was so committed to Leia that when I told her I would buy the costume but not the white go go boots that Leia wears, she worked very hard to get the money to buy them herself! You go girl! And she rocked those boots! 

What doesn’t make me happy? Rain on Halloween doesn’t make me happy! 

We went back and forth with plan Bs but ultimately we decided to suck it up and go with plan A in the rain! We are dedicated to tradition and happy kiddos I guess! That means we joined the Lakes, the Dana’s and other sweet friends in Inverness to brave the rain for candy! Surprisingly a lot of people were out there with us. We awkwardly used umbrellas but we still got completely soaked. And I do mean soaked. This is Texas rain y’all! We did as many houses we could in about 50 minutes including one circle that doesn’t hold anything back in Halloween decor including a human butcher hacking away, fog machines and strobe lights! That was a treat. 

Despite the pouring rain we had a fantastic time! Keagan was thrilled to be with Avery and they even held hands walking down the street. Riley was thrilled to be in the costume she has wanted to wear everywhere for weeks and that people were giving her candy! When one house gave out her favorite recess peanut butter cups she squealed and beamed at me! I absolutely love having happy girls!! 

Absolutely soaked from head to toe we all didn’t quite make it an hour. But that meant we were home, everyone had a hot bath/shower and were in the jammies in decent time to watch game 6 of the World Series. Both girls went to bed tired but very happy as I washed all the wet stuff and dried out all the wet candy. Unfortunately I had to toss a whole bunch of soaked candy and the Astros lost game 6. But the great news is we have plenty of candy left, we had a good time and created great memories. Plus we are going to kill game 7 tomorrow! Go Stros! 

















Oh and PS! I almost forgot that even though we don’t wear costumes to school in Texas, both girls still had good Halloween fun today! Keagan got to visit the Moster Cafe for math and had game day in music. Riley got to practice trick or treating around the school with her big button! And after school things got a little crazy cause that’s how we roll when we’re excited! 






One more time....go Astros! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment