Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Summer Rollercoaster!

Nope we haven't been on any actual rollercoasters this summer, unfortunately. But the last few days have metaphorically been quite the summer roller coaster for sure! 

Let's get the low dips of the coaster out of the way first. Yesterday was straight up craptastic! I mean BAD! Literal poop everywhere, a cracked windshield, a very sad and left out little girl, mom shaming at its finest, sad news about someone I love, a headache, fighting an insurance company, arguing with one child, piles of paperwork that had to be done, bills I can't afford, and the day ends with NO POWER at our house! None. Which Houston in July means hot as Hades! See? It was rough! After driving Nana around for hours in the air conditioning I made the executive decision that we were going to Taryn's where she not only had power but she keeps the thermostat at 68 degrees my friends! 

Fortunately that is where the coaster began to tick back upwards to reach higher peaks! Not only did Taryn put together her couches to make the cutest "boat bed" for the girls which Riley absolutely loved and never wanted to leave, but she sent my exhausted self to bed before my girls even settled down and then let me SLEEP IN!! This is literally the best gift anyone can give me and the thing that makes me incredibly happy but never happens! I seriously slept good and hard and woke up a new woman! It was heavenly! Words of advice to those who love me who may read this...if you love me, let me sleep! Thank you Taryn!' 


We all spent the rest of the day hiding from the world watching movies, cracking eachother up, eating of course and working on Taryn's LuLaRoe. It almost felt like we were on vacation and we didn't even leave until bed time! 

So today was definitely a high of the rollercoaster and we have actually had lots of those, minus yesterday. Probably one of the highest peaks of the summer for both Keagan and Riley was last Friday night. They had worked hard to earn a fun party with their friends at our house. We invited their besties and a new girl coming to Mahaffey next year over for a viewing party of the new Disney channel movie "Descendents 2." Keags and Rys loved decorating and then having their friends over to play for a while, have pizza, change into jammies and then get snacks and beds ready for the movie. The girls liked the movie, but loved just being together more. It really was a cute night filled with tons of little girl giggles and one where I earned major mom points! 















Monday we had Avery over to play and we crossed shave ice off our summer list. Tuesday was a day for creativity and fun at Activity Day girls at Sister Hecker's. We made bookmarks with punch art and then swam in the best pool ever! I loved Keags Scottie themed bookmark! Wednesday we finally had our pool day with the Lakes that wasn't interrupted by rain! That was after my highlight of the month which was a morning spent at the temple and dinner with the Fosters at Taryn's house grilling steaks! And then yesterday while my suffocating drama of a day was blowing up in my face Keagan had a fantastic time with the Lakes at Pump It Up and Riley did a ton of therapy including a lot of testing to hopefully get physical therapy covered again, but she had fun! 









 







So when I put it all together like that I realize just how incredibly blessed we are and what an awesome summer we are having! I'm so thankful! Everybody has bad days sometimes, and yesterday was really bad! But just like every rollercoaster has to take some dips, it just makes the peaks that much sweeter! 

I'm sure thankful for our peaks! Especially the ones where we have power and I get to sleep! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment