Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Proud Momma

I am going to bed tonight feeling a little extra proud of my two babies for many reasons! 

The most obvious was as a result of the 2nd grade awards ceremony at school today. Both my sweet babies were honored! Both girls made the A/B Honor Roll. Keagan also received one of 5 Outstanding PE student awards and a spring reading award for the library. Riley also received one of 6 PLAID awards for demonstrating PLAID behavior. I was SO proud of both of them! But what put it over the top was what Coach Sohrt said when Keagan thanked him for the PE award after school. He told her the reason she got it was because everyday she has a positive attitude and she works harder then anybody in there! Now that is amazing! If she was to be praised and recognized for anything, I'm so glad it was that! 
 
  

For Riley I was just as proud to receive a text the other day from Mrs Brown about some awesome behavior as I was about her award today! Mrs Brown sent me this picture with the explanation that one of Riley's kindergarten friends that she plays with at recess was very upset and crying. That is when Riley went to her to hug and comfort her and be a good friend! This made me so happy and so proud! 
 

And just yesterday I got another praiseworthy text for Miss Keagan from the awesome Mrs Yancey! She wanted to share with me her excitement over Keagans incredible progress this year! Again this is where that positive attitude and hard work paid off! So proud! 
 

And to be quite honest I was a little proud of myself yesterday! Not only did I finally tackle and complete cleaning out the garage but while doing so I let the girls and Campbell go totally nuts and have a shaving cream fight! They used every last drop of 12 cans and had an absolute blast for almost 2 hours! Afterward we had a fantastic time breakin in Miss Taryn's new grill with the Fosters for Mrmorial Day! 
    
 
 
 
 

I know pride can be a downfall but trust me I still have a firm grip on reality! I'm just happy for my girls and thrilled that they are making very good choices to do things like work hard!  I guess there is still a chance that I am actually teaching them something worthwhile and that they are actually listening! But it probably has nothing to do with me, these girls are just awesome! How could I not be so proud of them?!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment