Pages

Saturday, May 27, 2017

The MAYhem!

The MAYhem is real my friends! Our May has been CRAZY so far! So many of our comings and goings lately probably deserve their own blog posts. But in all the MAYhem the condensed play by play will have to do! 

By far the thing that has dominated our May schedule and really our hearts lately was the 1st Annual Mahaffey Talent Show. Keagan wanted SO badly to be in the show and she pulled it off in beautiful style! I am incredibly proud of Keagan, Riley and their friends Lauren and Avery! They worked hard on this and it showed! They set a goal. They worked and practiced a ton. They put their selves out their and took a risk to try out. And best of all they didn't think twice (and neither did their sweet mommas) about including a differently abled little girl! Riley was SO thrilled to be included! She truly had the time of her life!

We stayed after school many days to practice and it took Mrs Taryn and I a whole lot longer then we had planned to make the costumes, but it was all so worth it! They performed once for the kids in the morning and again at night for a PTO fundraiser dinner and a show. They did an incredible job singing and dancing to "Count on Me" by Bruno Mars at both shows. Keagan was seriously so awesome! She was so precious with all her cute dance moves and belting it out in her pretty voice! And Miss Riley was just amazing! She did all she could to sing in her microphone and keep up with the moves! I loved every bit of both their efforts and that they were both confident enough to get up there in front of so many people and do their thing! They both just beamed on stage! Meanwhile my heart just about burst with thankfulness for the incredible little girls I get to call mine, for the fantastic opportunities we have and for the amazing fan club that came to support us! Sa, Todd, Gamas, Miss Taryn, Hudson and Reagan all blessed us by coming and were the best cheerleaders ever!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Although that has been the highlight, so much more has been happening! I had an absolutely fantastic birthday! My friends at work treated me with a special lunch and a beautiful cake the day before my big day! I truly cherish the friendships I have made at Mahaffey! Then I had an incredible and almost indulgent day thanks to the girls dad and Taryn! A massage, a nice lunch, a pedicure and then the night off as Taryn took my kids for the evening was just all absolutely amazing! Not sure I deserved that all but I sure appreciated it! 
 
 

Riley has been working hard in therapy and made some good strides! She has a new brace for her left hand thanks to Miss Wiltse that we are slowly getting her to wear. I also had her annual ARD meeting with Team Riley and am looking forward to the things we have in store for her next year! 
 

Keagan has been extra helpful lately which is totally my love language! I can neither confirm or deny that her increase in helpfulness and decrease in whining about it may be the result of a total mommy meltdown on the subject! 
 

Last weekend Miss Taryn introduced the girls to Star Wars for the first time. I don't think either one of us realized just how well that was going to be received! It lit a little Star Wars fire in my babies hearts! Literally all they wanted to do all weekend was watch it! By the end of the weekend we had made it thru #1-5! Pretty impressive! We are working on the others. I texted Taryn this picture and said..."what have you done?!"
 
 

Keags and I have had a little bit of precious one on one time lately after Riley has gone to bed. One night we had to run to the grocery store late and I felt so thankful that she still wanted to hold my hand while walking thru the new HEB! Another night my crazy girl was randomly craving hard boiled eggs and I totally caved into her request after bedtime. Darn it if she didn't eat 5 whole eggs as we giggled and chatted. I don't want to forget times like that! 
 

We loved celebrating Gramas birthday and getting to hold LaBelle of course! 
 
 

Even though school is almost over we are still working hard! Riley helped make an outstanding art project for a school auction and Keags worked on creating a new product and a persuasive commercial for it. It was a first for me that her and her friend Audrey collaborated over FaceTime for that. 
 
  

We have also been jump rope crazy at our house this week! The Jump-a-thon in PE has sure got BOTH girls inspired! At one time Keags held the 2nd grade girl record and I am SO proud that Riley is now jumping!!
 

We went to a really fun Activity Day Girls pool party to celebrate that it is almost summer! Such a darling bunch of girls who are SO sweet to Riley! 
 

On top of all that we had our normal crazy, I had the barfies, Nana had major dental surgery, and our one Stake or group of church congregations was spilt into two which is a pretty big deal. Just MAYhem people! 

There is now only 4 days left of May so we will just have to see what other MAYhen we have in store. Despite the craziness I have loved so much of it! But I am more then ready for it to be over and for summer to come! We are ALL ready! The countdown to summer begins! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment