Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Plan B

My entire life is a plan B. None of this is how I had planned things. Actually I think we are on like plan Q by now! That is where one of my life mottos and the title of this blog came from...bloom where you're planted! It's a must when you're livin in plan B...or Q. And it was a must today! 

I was kind of emotional this morning thinking about Seotember 11th and all that this date holds. I was really looking forward to going to church to be spiritually fed. But unfortunately Miss Riley's tummy had other plans. She woke up very grumpy and did not eat a thing for breakfast. She obviously had a tummy ache and had some reflux. By 10:30 she had extra meds and was in bed with Nana right at the time we should be getting ready to head to church. Within minutes Riley was snoring and unfortunateky I knew we couldn't go to church. 

So Keags and I made the best of plan B while Riley napped for over 3 hours! We cuddled on the couch, I got a full run down of the latest in her Mindcraft world, and then we FINALLY made our blanket for our Stake's refugee service project. It was nothing fancy, we just tied the edges of two pieces of fleece. That thing had been on my to do list for more weeks then I care to count! But we finally did it, and had a great time together! 

Once Riley woke up she was a happy rested girl who ate a massive late lunch and then played several Keagan made games with Keagan and I before heading to the Fosters for dinner. I'm proud of our plan B skills today! We don't always do it, but today I'd say we bloomed where we were planted. 

2 comments:

  1. Emily I love the way that you express yourself. I can hear you saying everything that you write, and those words are so important not only for your own family to be able to have and cherish as a Keepsake but for the rest of us too. You are one in a million and I'm so happy that you made the best of not being able to go to church... And that blanket is the cutest material ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily I love the way that you express yourself. I can hear you saying everything that you write, and those words are so important not only for your own family to be able to have and cherish as a Keepsake but for the rest of us too. You are one in a million and I'm so happy that you made the best of not being able to go to church... And that blanket is the cutest material ever!

    ReplyDelete