Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Crazy Eight

In our faith we refer to the age of 8 as the age of accountability. That is why we are baptized at the age of 8, because that is when the Lord has said a child clearly knows the difference between right and wrong. With that in mind, I have had several friends tell me that before their little ones turned 8, things got a little rough.

Riley isn't faced with this age's challenges as much as my Keags. Riley is still throwing those tantrums which will be great to grow out of, hopefully soon! But last week was a little bit of a roller coaster with Keagan. She has always been strong and determined but she is stretching those wings a little and we are having some growing pains. Her not wanting to do dance this year is a little part of that. She has also been seeking negative attention from her older cousins in particular and that has not set well with me. And to top it all off the sister fighting is my absolute most un-favorite thing EVER! Although Riley is often the instigator of it all, she is also often the one who ends up in tears. Not my fave! 

But this confident, helpful, kind and responsible little girl, all things I am desperate to foster within her, are also growing in my Keagan! She really is extraordinary! After a very long day last week we came home to a messy house, which I absolutely hate. With an obviously frazzled mommy, Miss Keagan stepped up big time! She cleaned the play room all by herself without being asked, helped me fold some clothes and then completely changed Rileys clothes INCLUDING her diaper!! I was blown away! My heart was so touched and her service to our family completely turned my bad day around!  On another afternoon after school she felt bad that Riley hasn't gotten recognized with a "Scottie Shout Out" at school yet so she took one of hers and crossed her name out to write Rileys! Seriously SO sweet! 
She is also more and more helpful with my guessing games of resolving Rileys tantrums and very helpful in keeping things going smoothly. I immensely appreciate all she does and the girl she is! 

My Keags is definitely one of a kind and one I could never live without! What a phenomenal daughter and sister she is! I am so thankful I get to be her mom! Almost 8 may be a little rough but I will try my darnedest to bear the bad and absolutely cherish the good! With my Keags there sure is a whole lot to cherish! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment