Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

My One of a Kind

My Keagan is definitely one of a kind! She is such a massive blessing in my life. The Lord was so generous when He let me borrow her from heaven! 

Keagan is strength personified! Because she has a special needs twin sister and a single mommy she kind of has to be strong and she takes that seriously! She isnt just strong though. She is a phenomenal sister, a good leader, a hard worker, super funny, insightful, smart, observant, talented, gorgeous, fierce, determined, confident, very helpful, focused and kind hearted. She is absolutely amazing! 

The last couple weeks of summer have brought a few bumps in the road for my Keags. Sometimes when you get all those amazing things listed above in one little cute body, you also get a little girl who may need to be in control and may need to be right. That can be a little difficult at times, especially to parent! 

We've been having some arguing with cousins/babysitters and she has been seeking some negative attention. Sometimes it can be hard to be 7 and constantly be around big kids. In one incident in particular with Reagan I was pretty upset with her actions. But that night, Keagan being Keagan showed her true colors and made me so proud! 

The night before Sa had been telling me a story about a woman she has been helping with the missionaries. This woman does not have a lot of means and in order to afford her medicine when she was sick she had to sell her only phone. I didn't even realize Keagan had over heard the story and Sa and I talking about how we could help. But the next night Keagan brought her wallet and gave Sa all her money she had in it and said it was for Miss Kim. A giant 4 dollars that came from her heart! A widows mite! I got teary and was immediately so thankful for this incredible girls strength and her example! 

She showed that again when she made Riley a craft at Art Camp the day she had Botox and told me she prayed for Riley that day a "million times."  And again when Riley was afraid of something last night and Keagan said "mommy I would do anything to help Riley not be scared!" 

I just adore this girl!! She truly amazes me even on the days that we butt heads to be in control or when I cringe at her hoarding tendencies. But she is such a joy and strength that could never be replicated without her! 

She not only makes me proud and happy she makes me laugh!! This is our "face swap!" It's the absolute best!! 

The other day I got done buckling Riley to see her in the front seat saying "excuse me ma'am. Would you like a ride?" She is hysterical! And yes Keagan I would like to ride with you on this crazy journey of life! I'm so excited to see where you take us! Where ever it is, I will be there with you and I know it will be amazing! Just like you! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment