Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2016

I'm Not Wallowing

I have said it a million times that this blog is for Keagan and Riley to have the hard copy of when they are older. I don't just want to share all the fun, the amazing and the cool stuff on here. I also want to share the hard, the exhausting, the grueling, the heart breaking, the yucky part of our lives. Because it is all definitely there. I don't like to dwell and wallow in it, but it is there! So it needs to be here. 

That being said... People! It's July in Texas. That means it is unearthly H! O! T! Last week the heat index was 117 one day! I am sweating just getting the girls in the car! 

Then there is the whining and fighting! Oh good glory. For the last two days Keags and Rys have been fighting over playing with one dog toy. Neither of them have had an ounce of interest in this toy for months and there is a gazillion other toys in the house! But apparently they are both going to die without "Fluffy Junior!" In all honesty it may be partyly my doing because I am keeping them up way past their bed time most nights while we are hanging out at Miss Taryn's new house. Every night I am hoping and praying they just sleep in and every morning I regret that decision because Riley doesn't do sleeping in. So...we are all tired! Which means, obviously, I have seriously considered several times the choice to just go ahead and take a nap outside and cook to death, alone, instead of settling another fight inside! 

But in between the thoughts of just letting the Texas sun end it all, we really are having a good summer! 

This week we spent an entire afternoon at the pool and splash pad. The girls had SO much fun and were absolutely worn out and in bed early! If Riley and I both didn't have such fair skin that still burned a little after multiple applications of sunscreen and a family history of skin cancer, I might do it way more often! And FYI Keagans Hawaiian skin just gets tanner. Miss Riley swims in a life jacket AND and a tube floatie. She loves that she can be totally independent in it and can swim and splash where ever she wants! 



On Wednesday the two girls had very different days! Miss Riley and I were suffering through her dental exam at Texas Childrens while Keagan was at Chucky Cheese with Addie and Kellie. I sure hate that Riley has to be totally pinned down for the exam and that she hates it SO much! So do I!! But I'm SO glad she doesn't have any cavities and is looking great! 

Yesterday we all had a fantastic time with the Fosters and Frenchs at "Potteryland" in the woodlands! Keagan painted the cutest puppy piggy bank that she named "cutie pie" like her dog in Minecraft of course, and a teeny tiny cupcake. Miss Riley painted a darling elephant piggy bank, and I painted the cutest platter with our three hand prints on it. Tons of fun! Afterward we went to Bahama Bucks for shaved ice. That means I spent too much money but I crossed two things off the summer list, created some memories and  had happy girls who were not fighting! 


Today we were lucky to attend the darling Lexi Williams baptism as we get excited for a baptism of our own soon! Hopefully at our baptism the A/C will be working though! 

So see why I don't wallow? There are lots of things to be grateful for! Endless things! And I'm pretty sure the top of that list includes air conditioning and non fighting moments like these- when Keagan helped Riley throw her pennies in the wishing fountain at dinner tonight at the most Texas BBQ place ever! They were so sweet to each other and we were in the A/C! I can get used to that!! And then I totally won't wallow! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment