Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Room Mom

I signed up to be Keagan's class Room Mom. I'm really not sure what I'm getting myself into but I figured I need to be involved, helpful and know people and what is going on in the girls lives for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week!

Yesterday I got my first dose. I went to help Mrs Serees with the afternoon math centers. Wow a kindergarten classroom sure is busy! Mrs Serees is on her game and good at keeping that crazy show running! Keags is one of fifteen cute 5/6 year olds and most of them are so darling I can barely stand it! But a few of them...not so much!

It was a little bit of a stressful hour and a half trying to get the kids to finish a project in time. But it brought a HUGE pay off that I was not expecting! My Keags was thrilled that I was there! She hugged me nine times and told me "you're the best mom ever!" I don't know any mom that wouldn't want to hear that! The mommy points were amazing! If they continue then I just may have to be at that school everyday!

As an extra bonus, before the class got back from recess I got a little sneak peak at the cute classroom and things Keags has been talking about!











- Posted using BlogPress

1 comments:

  1. wow! only 15 in the class??? I can't even imagine! our class sizes (all grades) are usually around 30. Yes, even in Kindergarten! She is so lucky! And good for you for signing up to be room mom! I've never had the guts to do it :) But my kids DO love it when I come volunteer in their classes...so cute! Good luck this year! You'll be great :)

    ReplyDelete