Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Atoning Love

A sweet friend sent me something today that had two quotes in it that hit me very strongly!

Elder Russell M Nelson said "We all need to remember; men are that they might have joy-not guilt trips!"

And Elder Gerrit W Gong said "understanding the Saviors freely given atoning love can free us from self imposed incorrect and unrealistic expectations of what perfection is. Such understanding allows us to let go of fear that we are imperfect. Fears that we make mistakes, fears that we are not good enough, fears that we are a failure compared to others, fears that we are not doing enough to merit His love."

I know our Savior loves us more then we can even comprehend. And I am eternally thankful for that love and the blessings that flow from it! I hope to understand it more and apply it to the cracks in my life and heart that I have faith it can heal! That faith comes from knowing it has already done just that so many times over!


- Posted using BlogPress

0 comments:

Post a Comment