Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Vacation Bible School 2013

You know your kids are happy about something when they will chant for it! Wednesday morning both girls were chanting "VBS! VBS!" confirming they were having a fantastic week! Yep, my two little Mormon girls loved Vacation Bible School at Faithbridge Baptist Church this past week!


From 9 to noon this Monday thru Friday both girls had an absolute blast! I was really happy they participated and hope to make it an annual tradition! The theme this year was called "Kingdom Rock: Standing Strong for God" and each day they learned about different things that helped them do that. Gods love, family and friends, prayer, Jesus and the Bible were each days focus. All things that you could easily hear at one of our churches. Some things are a little different like the awesome Christian Rock songs (don't worry I already ordered the CD and DVD) but I was happy about the same basic Christian principles based on Bible scriptures and stories that were taught.


Keagan was in the Purple Fox crew with her two darling friends from school, Kyle and Matheson. And they offered an incredible program to Riley that allowed her to fully participate with a shadow in her little white Bulldog crew. The first three days her helper was the amazing Miss B from school! The girls played games, did art projects, learned bible stories and sang and danced to some seriously catchy Christian rock songs that have been stuck in my head, but I like it!











At the end of the week we were able to give Riley's two helpers and Keagans crew leader a special gift. Because they were nice enough to share their church and what they believe with us, we did the same by giving them a Book of Mormon and 5x7 of our favorite painting of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am thankful for this experience and for what a great time the girls had. In a surprising twist, watching much of the program each day strengthened my testimony of how much my Savior loves me and the girls, that I am determined to do whatever it takes to follow His plan for me and that you can feel the spirit in all different places if you are listening! I also had such a fantastic time seeing SO many old friends for high school and friends from Keagans school as a supper added benefit!





I am a strong member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. But its so great to see what incredible people are at Faithbridge Baptist Church and to feel of their love for our Savior Jesus Christ! Thank you so much Faithbridge and all your incredible volunteers for being true Christians and welcoming the Mormons! Thank you for your time, for reinforcing great lessons, for the memories, new friends and even souvenirs! Thank you and see you next year!

YouTube Video


YouTube Video


YouTube Video

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Faithbridge Methodist Church is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several friends that go there. I love that they have a special needs ministry!!

    ReplyDelete