Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Warm and Cold Room

I am sitting in a cold patient room on the Cardiac floor of Texas Childrens Hospital. But I feel such warmth! It's already been a rough day. Riley had surgery this morning to insert PE tubes, remove her adenoids and cut out extra skin and cartilage in her trachea- her laryngalmalacia. The surgery went well but the recovery hasn't gone as well as planned. Our day has been full of alot of morphine, crying and vomit. My baby is either sleeping or very upset- there's no in between. For quite some time she would only let Nana touch her. Thank heavens for Nana! Let alone my sister Lisa who has kept a sleep deprived, schedule turned inside out, Keagan.

It's a cold sterile room and I am tired and looking at the beginning of a very long night ahead where nurses wake us up every 2 hours and my baby struggles to sleep. But I feel so much gratitude for times like these! I'm so thankful I can be here to hold my sweet Riley, that she has already received some health miracles and this stay isn't worse or more frequent!

Also tonight I feel the prayers of so many who are praying for us! And I feel the Lord and His angels with Riley! I know He goes before our face and is on our right hand and our left! He doesn't make our burden lighter, just our ability to bear it stronger. That knowledge and the gratitude that comes with it is what makes this room warm!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment