Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Pneumonia

Yesterday I rode in an ambulance with Keagan... completely stunned. Unlike most Mommas who would be stunned that they were in an ambulance with their child, I was stunned that I was with THAT child! I always thought my first ambulance ride with one of them would for sure be with Miss Riley as she has been very close several times. So I wasn't prepared to put Keagan in one.



She has had a cold for several days and I put her down for her nap and then left to go to the Temple. While I was gone, in a short 2 hours her breathing became very labored. I'm an educated mommy from all that Riley has been through, so I knew to take her to the doctor right away. At the doctors office she was unable to maintain even a decent pulse oximetry level without being on oxygen so the doctor called the ambulance.



She was such a good girl on the ride. She really liked mister Greig and never put up a fuss for all the stuff that they were doing. They ran all the tests and gave her oxygen, a breathing treatment and a great memory because she loves ambulances.

Once at the hospital she started to improve dramatically because all they had done. An X-ray confirmed it was pneumonia. After some observation, a serious shot of antibiotics and dinner from the hospital cafeteria courtesy of Nana and Kellie, we were sent home from my quickest ER visit ever.



My poor baby is doing much better today after a very stressful and long night! Hopefuly in a couple if days she will be back to her dancing, screaming self. And hopefully so will her currently wheezing sister. We've had enough excitement!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. OK, seriously - I have everything HERE, in SPRING, just around the corner from you. the O2, the pulse ox, and more breathing treatment equipment than you can imagine, plus an RN 24/7. Save yourself a co-pay one of these days. We are always here and you are always welcome.
    Seriously.
    I am glad that keagan is doing so much better.
    But wait - if you came to me you would have missed out on the cafeteria food.....

    ReplyDelete