Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Surprise!

The biggest surprise of my life was definitely when the doctor said “there are two heart beats. You are having twins!” But today was probably the second biggest surprise of my life. Vicki and Tyler surprised me, and man did they do it big! 

All day I had no clue of what everyone else knew, including sweet Keagan who played along great. I thought after a visit to the Art Institute of Chicago we were meeting Tyler at his office in the Sears Tower and going to lunch. But when we were walking there we came up to the CIBC Theater where tons of people were in line for the matinee of none other then the most raved about current broadway show, Hamilton. While her cousin Sammi was videoing me, Vicki broke the news that Kate and I were going to the show right then! Of course I completely freaked out and could not believe they would give me such an incredible gift! And to experience it with Kate who is my amazing niece and god daughter (yes I’m Mormon and a god mother and I love it!) was just absolute perfection! Before I knew it we were sitting in the most incredible seats and it still hadn’t hit me that this was really happening! The entire time I wanted to pinch myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming! 

The show was definitely one of the best I’ve ever seen! It completely captivated me from beginning to end and took me on an emotional rollercoaster. Both Kate and I cried, laughed and definitely marveled for over 3 hours! And it was an unbelievable 3 hours that went by much too quickly! The story and music was an absolute master piece and so was each of  the outstanding performers! This afternoon was one I will never forget and one I am SO very thankful for! 












And truly the icing on the cake was that Vicki and her cousin Sammi who is a special ed teacher, took Keagan, Riley and Tess for an amazing afternoon of their own! Early on our trip Keagan and Tess figured out they have the same favorite food of broccoli cheddar soup from Panera. So of course that was their lunch and then they were off to two hugely fun and whimsical parks in downtown Chicago, both off Michigan Avenue called the Maggie Daley Park where they played on the massive play structures and then Millennium  Park to see the ever so famous Bean and the Crown Fountain. All three girls loved the slides, which Vicki and Sammi had to work hard to help Riley with and seeing the bean. After a quick swimsuit change Keagan and Tess jumped right into the fun waters of the two parts of the Crown Fountain but Riley took a little bit to warm up. All three girls ended up having a magical time playing and splashing in the water and I was so thankful Vicki and Sammi not only helped my girls so much but they also took so many photos for me! They really know the way to my heart! All the photos make me so happy and also make me laugh that my suburban kids were such city kids today!






























































Even before all that fun, Riley had slept in some and then we spent some time at the reputable Art Institute of Chicago. It was really so wonderful to see so many famous paintings I have seen so many times in print from Van Gogh, Monet, Degas, Renoir, Seurat, etc. This museum had so many incredible pieces to admire. We also saw some from Andy Warhol and everyone loved the Thorne miniature rooms! 








































After all the fun, we all met back up and then met Tyler at Scooters for some yummy frozen custard. Then it was back to their beautiful home where we had the most amazing deep dish pizza for dinner, played outside, talked, uncle Tyler made cookies, more cousins stopped by and we caught more lightening bugs! 








It’s almost 1:00 in the morning and Im still sitting here stunned that today happened! I don’t know why I’ve been so abundantly blessed! I ask myself that quite often and today just added a whole bunch of reasons why to a very long list! Beautiful art, an unbelievable  show, fantastic parks, yummy food, cousins, family, laughter and fun. That about describes the day but the magnitude of truly how great it was is beyond description. I guess you are just going to have to take my word on it. Amazing! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment