Pages

Friday, July 13, 2018

Just Crazy!

It all started last night. We got home from a fun afternoon of swimming and then eating dinner at Sa’s House. I got the mail and it might as well have included a bomb! In it was a letter stating Riley’s social security disability had been ceased, she was no longer covered by her Medicaide insurance and that I owed them a big chunk of money. See? It might as well have been a bomb because it totally rocked me with thoughts of the repercussions of how that would totally change our lives! 

Instead of melting into tears I texted my family to pray and pray hard because I know our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers! Then I went to work figuring out how to appeal their decision. I read everything possible on the internet and then gathered any documentation I could think of to prepare for today. When I was done and on my knees praying A thought popped into my head which I now know was the spirit. It said to print and bring my tax return, like the only financially remaining document I hadn’t printed. I did so and then laid awake in my bed most of the night trying to fight my fear with the best weapon I’ve got, my faith. 

This morning I dropped Keags off at Avery’s house, took my 67 pages of documents in my “mommin ain’t easy shirt” with the always so darling Riley in a full princess Belle gown to the social security office to appeal. After waiting for a very long almost 3 hours we finally got to see someone. As I was going thru showing them all my documents I got to the tax return I printed as an after thought and she said “that’s it! We did exempt your tax return so your resources were over the allowed limit.” She typed a few things, said everything was once again reinstated and then we walked out of there as tears streamed down my face. 

I know the Lord hears our prayers! I know He is waiting to constantly bless us and answer the pleas! But I still am so amazed each time He showers those blessings on me! We got in the car and prayed our gratitude! Then after texting my family their prayers were answered too I got sweet messages from some of them who had special experiences praying for us that made me incredibly happy! And I have said about 10 gratitude prayers since then! 

Once we were home Miss Riley took a little nap and I caught her smiling during it! This angel princess was smiling away because she knows better then all of us that the Lotd is in control and that He always helps us figure it out! 


After dinner at Sa’s House, amidst a good ole Texas rain storm, we were the first to notice a tree that had been struck by lightening and was clearly on fire! I called 911 and watched as the police came and then the fire truck came and the fireman put out the fire. It was all very impressive and interesting and it really just added to an already crazy 24 hours! 




Before this recent madness we have done lots of swimming including time at Alessandro and Francesca’s, at the Hall-Browns with the Reeves girls, and at the Inverness pool. We got haircuts, including Keagan who finally agreed to a trim. Keagan and Mrs Taryn had a watermellon challenge rematch. And the girls played pretty nicely together most of the time including making their box houses and Riley’s box vending machine! 


















I will definitely sleep soundly tonight and will be ready to go to the temple tomorrow morning! I am going in order to really thank my Heavenly Father for today and also to do temple work for several sisters in my family tree which hopefully in turn will help watch over my babies while they are in Hawaii in the coming weeks! Now that today’s HUGE stress is behind us, up next is packing for Chicago and then stressing about our trip to Hawaii after that. There is always something to stress and worry about, isn’t there! Good thing we’ve got prayer!! It sure worked again today! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment