Pages

Monday, January 1, 2018

A Grateful End

I just said my nightly prayers. Even though it’s after midnight and the year has flipped to an 8 on the end, to me it was still my last conversation with my Heavenly Father in 2017. My prayer was oozing, dripping, bursting full of gratitude. I must have said “Father thank thee SO much” a hundred times because I’m truly so grateful. 

I’m grateful for all 2017 brought me, Keagan and Riley. For the highs and the lows, the lessons and mistakes, the laughs (SO many) and the tears, the sickness and miracles, the successes and failure, all of it I’m thankful for! Mostly I’m thankful to have had another year as Keagan and Riley’s Mom and to share one crazy life with so many people we love and who love us! How could I not be grateful? 

That’s why I wore my favorite shirt tonight! The black T-shirt that says “grateful thankful blessed” in gold glitter font.  Bonus fact, it matched the decor! But tonight was just another thing to be grateful for! First we traded Christmas gifts with the French’s and were thrilled with our magic bands for our trip. Then we gathered with the French’s, the Fosters, Elise and Byron for a yummy dinner, a rendition of “happy new year to you” while the sparkler candles went off, a serious amount of sparkling cider (yes I drank one whole straight out of the bottle like I do every year, #tradition) lots of fun games but our favorites were magic carpet and poop the potato, a few fireworks and lots of laughs! It was a fantastic way to end a year! Once we were safe and warm at home (it is literally freezing outside) the girls watched the Time Square ball drop for the first time and Keagan set up a toast just for me. The cutest! 

Tomorrow we wake up to a blank page in a new book! A whole new year awaits and I truly can’t wait to see what 2018 has in store for us! Happy New Year! 








































0 comments:

Post a Comment