Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Fathers

Another Fathers Day. 

It's really not my favorite. I'm a single mom who pulls double duty and a daughter who misses her dad terribly. 

My saving grace on this day is the joy in knowing I got seriously blessed in the dad department. I was SO blessed to have had the most incredible father! Not a day goes by that I don't think of him and miss him dearly! I long for his laughter, support and advice but mostly I wish my girls knew his love and what it really means to be a daddy! I'm so grateful to know that one day we will all be together with him again! I'm thankful for this everyday, but today in particular I'm so thankful families are forever! 

Today may have been a little hard for my girls as well since their dad wrapped up his visit with them yesterday.  But I'm glad they were able to spend this last week with their dad and Grandma Debbie who came from Hawaii. They did some really fun things. Unfortunately Riley got sick again (happens every 6 months when he comes) so she spent two days in the hotel room with her Grandma. But they were all still able to do a lot of other fun things. Top Golf, shopping, Herman Park train, IKEA, feeding the ducks, ice cream, Japanese food twice and a whole bunch of swimming! The girls highlight was a day at the American Girl Store. They ate lunch in the bistro, shopped, took the dolls to the spa and attended the new movie premiere "Leah to the Rescue." So fun! They absolutely LOVE having time with their dad and grandma and they were sad to see them go! 

I crammed in as much as possible including helping Taryn move, hosting a Girls Night In at my house, hanging with Nikki after her surgery, dinner with Kelly, a pedicure, an amazing experience at the Temple, a 1am Whataburger run with the Frenchs and teaching Reagan and Hudson how to toliet paper, and a whole lot of sleep! It was amazing but I missed my girls terribly!!! I had to make a visit to their hotel on Wednesday to hug and kiss them and then all three of us squealed with delight when they came home on Saturday! I have gotten TONS of hugs, kisses and cuddles since then including Riley sleeping in my arms this afternoon as she readjusts to taking all her medicine again. That was pretty much the best way I can think of to spend Fathers Day anyway! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment