Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Time Stood Still

I had the sweetest moments with my precious Keagan tonight. After a very rough weekend and a long Sunday, we laid in bed and chatted for 30 priceless minutes. We talked about what heaven will be like and why we pray. She asked tough questions about why her parents are divorced and silly questions about eyebrows. We hugged and tickled and giggled. She told me stories about first grade friends and asked more about my dad. 

And time stood still.

It was exactly what my soul needed. Heavenly Father knew it and blessed me with it! 

No amount of money could have bought those moments! Just me and my girl. Being together and loving one another. I am infinitely so blessed to have been there. And I am overwhelmingly blessed to be this incredible girls mom! This incredible, smart, strong, hilarious, stubborn, dramatic, loud, active, assertive, song full little girl! 

And I so easily could have missed it. 

It was past her bedtime and usually by then I'm tired and my patience is low so I rush her along. I am beyond thankful that I didn't do that! I had already missed a moment earlier in the day when she asked me to sit and read her "Pinkalicious." But I was too busy cleaning the kitchen and once I was done the moment had past. I like a clean kitchen but I missed out! 

Thank heaven, literally, I didn't miss out on my second chance tonight! Because when time stands still, for me and my girl, it's priceless! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment