Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Bad Momma

This weekend was not my finest hour as a mom! 

I don't even think of it often, because I've never done it any other way because I was divorced when the girls were so young, but for so many reasons this weekend I wished I wasn't flying solo in this parenting gig. After actually deciding to take a girls night out on Friday night I paid for it greatly all day Saturday. Going to bed so late meant the girls took the whining, arguing, crying and epic meltdowns to a whole new level. And unfortunately my patience did not rise to the occasion. So I may have raised my voice more then once or twice. Saturday was the worst of it but we also barely survived  a long Sunday at home with a runny nosed and sneezing buckets Miss Riley. And then something happened that reminded me it's all worth it! 

Miss Riley often decides who says family prayer at bedtime. Tonight she decided it was her turn and she enlisted Keagan as her helper. Keagan would say a sentence and then ask Riley to "repeat" it. In the middle of her short prayer she paused and then said "and I thank thee so much for my sister!" Miss Riley then "repeated" that as loud and with as much gusto as she possibly could. 

And I am filled with gratitude! 

I am so thankful that Heavenly Father saw fit to let me borrow these girls from heaven. I'm so thankful that when I'm beyond exhausted and driven to bawling my eyes out in the shower that He will help me go on. I'm so thankful that tomorrow I can try again and that the reward for my efforts is the sweetest hugs and kisses I could ever imagine. 

Even when it's hard, really, really, REALLY hard, I am thankful! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment