Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Shame On Me!

I was taught a serious lesson today. One that I surely have learned a million times before but I guess I needed another reminder. It's ironic that I happened to learn it in the midst of trying to teach Keagan a lesson. She sure showed me! And if I'm honest, it wasn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last!

Last night the girls and I had a little lesson about prayer for Family Home Evening. I can personally testify of the incredible power of prayer and how it has brought so many miracles to our little family's lives. We chatted about when and why we pray and I didn't think a single word of what I was saying was sinking in. Nothing new.

And then this morning catastrophe hit! We could not find Keagan's precious princess keys! Panic broke out at 7am and all 3 of us were on a hunt! In the midst of looking in the car for the SECOND time, Keagan said "Jesus will find them!" Before I could react she had those cute little arms folded and was straight into her prayer.

When we came inside I continued on the hunt to calm my seriously anxious child and get my morning back. But Keagan climbed up on a bar stool and commenced her usual morning position in front of a bowl of cereal and the TV. When I asked her if she was going to look for the keys she responded "moooom! Jesus will find them!"

Now that's a faithful little 4 year old! But she was only putting into practice what I had just told her the night before. So now I was the overly anxious one! I was terrified that her first experience with prayer was not going to be a good one and that her faith was going to be crushed right there in her Dora jammies! I looked everywhere more then twice in hope of proving the power of prayer! All her usual spots and every nook and cranny turned up nothing. So I did what many a busy mom who was behind on their usual morning routine would do. I gave up! I resigned myself to hoping she would forget about the keys (something that would never happen) and figured I would cross that bridge of faith crushing experience when I got there. Oh Ye of little faith!

So when I should have been hanging my head in shame for clearly not practicing what I preached, I started unloading the dishwasher. Of course I dropped something. And of course when I bent down to pick it up under the over hang of the cabinet...well wouldn't you know what I found!

I was beyond thrilled! I jumped and yelled while wildly waving the found keys in the air! Both girls looked at me like I was absolutely crazy. Again, nothing new. When the princess keys were returned to their rightful owner, Keagan looked up and said "thanks Heavy Father!" And I was left standing in the kitchen, the only one not immersed in "Doc McStuffins", wallowing in a very good lesson learned!

Mark 10:14 & 15
But when Jesus saw it, He was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment