Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Stand Tall

Riley is CONSTANTLY teaching me things! Considering the fact that most people in my life are really loud (I'm a Ginn and Keagan has alot of Ginn in her) its incredible that she can teach me so much when she has yet to utter a word.

Riley recently got new "boots"- they are orthopedics. These boots help with her Cerebral Palsy that effects her legs and feet and her inability to currently stand or walk. They do all kinds of wonderful technical things like one has a hinge that helps her knee, they stabilize her ankles and flatten her heal and most importantly have darling pink flowers all over them.

Riley does not stand on her own, but I put her boots on yesterday and slightly leaned her up against the ottoman and...wala! Riley was standing there like she hit that mile stone way back when Keagan did and it was no big deal. You can see she even has one knee bent like "it aint no big deal!" As I cheered she wouldn't even look at me because she was much too busy watching Sesame Street!

I took this picture to remind me of the lessons she taught me yesterday. First, we all need an ottoman to lean on sometimes and we can put as much weight or as little weight on it as we want. That weight will always vary but its good to have that support there. My ottoman happens to be the Lord and I'm sure He's thrilled about this wonderful comparison!

Second, to stand up tall and look forward in the face of adversity like my sweet little girl. And if you are just able to gather yourself together enough to fake like you're a pro- then that will help too!

2 comments:

  1. I adore you. I admire and look up to you and I love this post and your new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful to have you as part of my 'ottoman' to hold me up...LOVE you loads!

    ReplyDelete