Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

10 Years



10 years ago today the world lost the most incredible dad and Pakka! I can not believe it has been 10 years since he lost his battle with cancer MUCH too soon. I still think about him every single day and imagine the advice and unconditional love he would give me and my babies. 


My hope is that I make him proud every day, but today was spent doing all that I could to honor him! So...I woke up before the sun, I spoiled his grandkids, I laughed at my own jokes, I went to work, I smiled, I helped a friend. I went to the temple, I did my church calling, I ate leftovers for lunch, I went to the bathroom a lot, I spent time with my mom and sister, I put safety pins in my pocket, I shelled my own peanuts and had an oatmeal cream pie for dessert. Unfortunately I couldn't find black cherry cola but Keagan did proudly sing the BYU fight song at dinner. 


Aa we read our 5 short verses of scripture tonight my heart swelled. The Book of Mormon scriptures were a wonderful father (Alma) talking to his cherished child (Shiblon) but I could imagine my dad saying something very similar to me! 


Alma 38:1-5

1 My son, give ear to my words, for I say unto you, even as I said unto Helaman, that inasmuch as ye shall keep the commandments of God ye shall prosper in the land; and inasmuch as ye will not keep the commandments of God ye shall be cut off from his presence.


3 I say unto you, my son, that I have had great joy in thee already, because of thy faithfulness and thy diligence, and thy patience and thy long-suffering among the people of the Zoramites.


5 And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day.


My grief is still so heavy but I bare it because I know I will see him again one day. There was no one like my dad and 10 years later I still miss him so terribly. But I'm incredibly grateful families are forever! 






0 comments:

Post a Comment