Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Snow & Sa

Last night we cashed in on pretty much the greatest gift Santa has ever brought our house- a trip to Utah to see snow and the Fosters! Yes I know the title said snow and Sa but really we were dying to see all the Fosters, that title was just cuter! 

Keags and Rys are such good travelers that flying with them is great! I even got to watch a real movie y’all with only like 8 needed pauses to help the little  people! Riley gets nervous on take off and landings and obviously needs help thru out the flight but still does great. And Keagan absolutely loves everything about flying! We ate dinner at the airport before boarding and then Addie and Todd picked us up. We got to the Fosters gorgeous new house super late but we’re SO thrilled to be in Utah! 










After sleeping in the girls were ready for snow so they were thrilled to play in the little bit of snow in the backyard. Then we headed to Cafe Rio for lunch which is one of the greatest casual restaurants in the world! Yum! And then on to the Aquarium which was SO much fun! We saw everything from turtles, otters, frogs, snakes, birds, iguanas, jelly fish, sharks, SO many fish and more! We all really loved the penguins and Addie and I decided we are soon getting one as a pet! My brave Riley, Sami and I touched star fish, sea anemones and sting rays and all of Keagans  dreams came true when we shopped in the gift shop cause their dad gave them money. Keagan went home with a cute T-shirt and Riley with a cute sting ray stuffed animal which we named Stanga. 


















































After the aquarium we were lazy for a minute before deciding we couldn’t waste any time on a short trip like this! So Keagan, Riley and I headed to see two temples in the area they had never seen before. Oquirrh Mountain and Jordan River temples were both beautiful! Now the number of temples the girls have seen is 10 and I have seen 22. Lots more to go!!









Sami has New Years Eve plans with friends so the rest of us squeezed into one car for our New Year’s Eve plans! We had the most incredible dinner at Gourmandise that we all just devoured because it was SO delicious! Tri tip stake, butternut squash fresh made pasta, macaroons, the best darn rice pudding on the planet and the miracle of all miracles when Keagan are broccoli! We all loved toasting the new year there! 












Then from Draper we caught the Trax train all the way downtown to Temple Square. Some of our fellow passengers definitely were not my favorite but it was beyond worth it for how incredible Temple Square was! It is the last couple days before Temple Square closes for the next four years for major renovations so I am SO thankful we got to go and experience the amazing spirit and all the beauty it holds! Wow it was gorgeous outside and inside the visitors center! There is truly noting like it and that will always be a beautiful memory for me to have made with my girls, Sa, Todd and Addie! 



























Everyone else besides Riley and I were freezing. Riley had plenty of layers on and I have plenty of built in layers. So to warm up we slipped in the Joseph Smith Memorial building and got to listen to the fun big band playing their jazz music while people danced in that gorgeous place! And then we were blessed to do something I have wanted to do for years! We got to use the Giving Machines! These are the absolute coolest vending machine you’ve ever seen because in them you can buy humanitarian aide that our church will send to areas of the world that need it! The girls and I picked out 100 meals for an impoverished area and equipment to help fund a mobile eye care clinic! What a fun blessing that we were able to participate in and an outstanding way to finish off the year with gratitude. 

We ended the night looking at the Macy’s amazing window displays made out of candy and more interesting train passengers before going back to the Fosters to collapse in bed much earlier then midnight! 

















The clock just barely turned midnight as I have been blogging our amazing day. And just like that one decade closes and a world of possibility begins! As I lay here in the dark with each of my sweet babies on either side of me, my heart is so full that I get to do this life and this next year with them! My prayer and my hope is that 2020 brings us all beautiful blessings and wonderful opportunities. The fact that it is snowing outside right now means we are off to a great start! 








0 comments:

Post a Comment