Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Shout Out to My Keags!

This is a major Keagan Hi’ilani Kikuchi appreciation post and it’s been a long time coming! She is absolutely incredible and deserves all the shout outs I can give her! I really should scream it from the roof tops how blessed I am to be this girls mom! So I will do it here. 

The last couple of weeks have been difficult. I’m stressed and I’m tired and unfortunately that shows in my mommin. Last Wednesday we came home after a particularly long and tiring day of early choir practice, an extra busy day at work, decorating for spider day and then helping with the trunk or treat at school. I made it 5 steps into the house before falling to the floor in a heap. Was Keagan tired? I’m sure she was! She has SO much going on for an 11 year old! But instead of vegging out on her iPad like I’m sure she would have loved to do she independently scrambled a dozen eggs for dinner and got me goin on making grits. Then after dinner was over she banished me out of the kitchen while she washed all the dishes! I mean really! How did I get so lucky?! This is just one example of who this wonderful 11 year old is! 

One of the most amazing things about this girl is that she has such a huge heart. She loves and she’s loves hard! The other night after a stressful situation I didn’t do as good of a job as I thought I was of hiding my tears from the girls in the car. She unbuckled her seat belt at a light and gave me the most giant hug saying “I love you so much mommy. It’s all going to be ok.” 

She is supportive of others in their lows and happy for others in their highs. She is a really great friend and also the life of the party! She is always up for a play date! Or always up for any kind of adventure big or small from traveling, and going to an event to driving around new neighborhoods and taking a run after dinner as Riley and I drive along side her. And man that girl is a natural performer! She shines! 

She truly is such an incredible sister and does a phenomenal job taking care of and helping Riley! She amazes me when I can’t get a tantrum to stop but she can! She creates situations to make Riley happy and laugh like fake falling, fake farting or encouraging me to take Riley and ”accidentally”  leave Keags at Sa’s house. Those three things happen a ton in our family because of her, just to make Riley laugh! She helps Riley at school in lots of ways like getting to class from choir, being safe in PE, and she helps Riley feel special and included which is huge! She takes her job seriously to always make sure everyone else is treating Riley like they should and not being rude or her most unfavorite, treating Riley like a baby. She has even recently taken over helping Riley in the shower! I’m obviously still there but Keags washes a resistant Riley’s hair probably better then a I do! Not a lot of 11 year olds do that! 

Keagan organizes the junk drawer in the kitchen, does a fantastic job cleaning the playroom, and has been rocking her dishwasher and trash duty. She is the absolute best to take with me to the car wash because she is a rockstar vacummer! She made Riley and I cake pops on Saturday as she is a great baker and the girl is hilarious! She is constantly making me laugh with her witty jokes! Our jokes together never end and she always makes me laugh and smile! 

She is quick to be kind to a stranger and offer a helping hand. I see it all the time! She works hard, real hard! Besides how hard she works at school and home she has been learning songs and lines for two separate musicals and two separate choirs recently and she has worked hard to do it. She’s determined, loyal, observant and smart, SO smart. 

Keagan faces her dyslexia that is giving her a run for her money this year with courage and strength.  She made me very proud last week when she made the difficult decision not to run for Student Council this year because she is already pulled out of class so much for her dyslexia and her reading groups. That was so wise and mature of her! She has handled the pull away of a friend this year really well and avoided significant girl drama at school. She tells me lots of things that happen at school and she has a great perspective on what is really going on. She says beautiful prayers and is full of faith. And man is that girl gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous inside and out!! 

Is Keagan strong willed and stubborn? Yes! Can she be pretty dang sassy? Definitely yes! Do I sometimes have to ask her to do something 57 times? Again, yes! And I have to clean up after her, get on her for being frustrated with her sister, and remind her of so many things like a typical kid. But she is absolutely extraordinary! I hit the kid lottery with her because she is one special and amazing girl! I am forever thankful to be her mom! 





































0 comments:

Post a Comment