Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Feelin the Love!

I have felt a ridiculously overwhelming amount of love this week between Mothers Day on Sunday and my 40th birthday! I’m just astonished by how much love I have been blessed with and can not thank the Lord enough for the incredible people that fill my beautiful life!

I am well aware that Mothers Day can be tricky for a lot of people and I’m a single mom which makes it even more difficult to celebrate. My own mother absolutely hates the day, which I totally get. So this year I decided to take that head on and 1. Be realistic about my expectations and 2. Tell my girls exactly what I want! 

So I bought what I wanted for breakfast and then the girls made it! Plus Keagan even plated it and lots of extras so nicely AND the best was she cleaned the kitchen!! I printed out the classic mom questionnaires off Pinterest and was so thrilled and tickled by the girls answers like that amazon is my favorite store, I always say “hey girl hey” and they love when I fart! They also both made me a bunch of home made cards which was my absolute favorite of all! We went to church, did our Come Follow Me, had good quality cuddle time and I even got a chance to just lay on the couch before dinner while Keagan supervised Riley and they decorated cookies for all the moms! 

Todd cooked dinner for Lisa, Taryn and I and yes the children too. We talked and laughed so hard over snap chat face filters til our sides hurt! The girls still got in a fight, made a mess, Riley had a tantrum over what she was wearing (of course), they didn’t want to go to church and I even had to give Riley an enema for heaven sakes! But it was such a beautiful day full of so much love and the opportunity for me to celebrate just how much I really do love being a mom! No, how much I really do love being Keagan and Riley’s mom! This Mother’s Day was one to remember! 





















Then there was my birthday. Where do I even begin? 

Y’all I had very little expectations for my birthday so man was I blown away!! Before the sun came up I started receiving texts and emails from work friends and many of them included my favorite baby picture. I was SO confused but knew my sister must have something to do with it. Well it turns out Sa worked with my co-worker/friends Natalie and Chantel who got 40 of my other friend/co- workers to text or email me the sweetest centiments and many of them used that baby picture! This was just the beginning of lots of amazing gifts of 40 things from her! 





Once out of bed, I woke up to an incredibly decorated front yard! Vicki and Tyler ordered professional yard signs to be placed and the Ostermann, Lake and Krenek girls all came over late the night before and left an adorably chalked driveway, home made signs and pinwheels in the grass and crate paper all over the bushes and fence! I was unbelievably surprised and so touched by how much I love and appreciate all those incredible people that would do that for me! 






Once I got home from taking the girls to school (45 mins late cause we slightly slept in and then had to check out the yard!) there was another 40 present waiting from Sa. Todd was her sneaky present deliverer by the way. This one was a memory box of 40 things my family loves about me. And y’all they definitely made my cry! Some were so sincere and some SO hilarious! I just loved them and will cherish that gift and the next one I got for the rest of my life! The next one was a photo album of the 40 cutest photos of Keagan and Riley! Just precious, and again tear worthy! 




Then Nana treated Taryn and I to the best mani/pedi’s we have ever had in our lives and I felt so pampered and wonderful! We sipped virgin pina coladas and savored the absolute amazingness! Then we topped it off with good conversation and good food like we do best! 

Once I picked up the girls from school it was a very busy and very fun night! As a birthday bonus, it was opening night for Keagan and Riley’s musicals! One of my favorite things in the world is to watch my girls do what they love! So how fun that this fell on my birthday? Getting everything ready including costumes, hair and make up had both girls beaming and thanking me for helping them on my birthday! But it was MY pleasure! Getting a front row seat (literally) to watching them use their talents, reach their goals and absolutely LOVE doing it is one of my greatest blessings! More about these amazing shows later. But it was a birthday bonus that I got to hang out with so many cool kids, their fun parents and Dede, Chantel, Heather and Kathryn all spoiled me with gifts there! 






After the show I came out to a decorated car from my awesome Laurels whom I just adore and the amazing Jessica who organized it all. They each wrote such sweet things they loved about me and it once again brought me to tears! I don’t think I’ve had so many happy tears in one day! And inside the car (tricky delivery Todd) was another gift from Sa which was 40 dollars towards a pedicure for this summer! 





And then.....yes there is more......just when I thought it was all over I came home to even more spoiling! Yeah I can’t believe it either! Taryn helped Nana and both the girls get me a present which were all so sweet and gave me the cutest present herself! And they kept coming from Sa! She left 40 of my favorite treats- cinnamon bears and 40 gorgeous gerber Daisy’s! 




Just typing all of that out leaves me just dripping in gratitude! And I can’t forget that there were also such kind phone calls, texts and Facebook posts from so many thoughtful people!  I really don’t think I deserved all this love but man did I sure appreciate it!! I truly feel incredibly blessed! 

If I ever doubted it before I now have not a speck of doubt that life isn’t about the things that you have but the people you have to share it with! And a life full of great people is a life full of love! After this Mother’s Day and 40th birthday I am beyond blessed to be living that kind of life! Here’s to making the next 40 just as beautiful! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment