Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Slow Down!

The other night when Keagan should have been fast asleep, but I was still laying there next to her waiting, not so patiently for her breathing to slow and wiggling to stop, she busts out with “Mom do you ever want to move back to Utah?” Very confused by the question and annoyed that she wasn’t asleep yet I responded “nope baby. Now go to sleep!” And instead of sleep I get “But Mom you have to! Because I want to go to BYU for college like you did but I can’t live without you!” And que my heart bursting right out of my chest and killing me on the spot! 

We devised a plan that when Keags goes to BYU, Riley and I will move into a house down the street. Then obviously, when she graduates we will all move back home to Texas again. And then finally she could sleep. And I was left laying beside her wishing time would slow down! How can she be thinking of college? How can my babies be turning double digits this year? Why does it all have to go so fast?!

I need a slow motion botton for my life ASAP! I seriously just need life to slow down a bit while I catch my breath and have a chance to notice and cherish all the little things that just fly past us as we are, you know, living. I want to remember Riley asking for one more video every night, Keagan taking forever long showers and singing gorgeously. I want to remember seeing Keagan on the playground and getting the best happy waves or her calling me from the workroom phone eventhough she knows I am in the parking lot. I want to remember Riley’s face as she comes into the cafeteria, or out of her classroom at the end of the day and sees me and her turning into a pink, sparkly dolphin in the bathtub. All three of us belting out to the Greatest Showman, cheese roll ups from Taco Bell in the car, Keagan loving coming to young women’s on Wednesday nights with me while Riley loves staying home alone with Nana to fall asleep early, crazy mornings with chicken and strawberries for breakfast, Riley eating 16 gogurts in one sitting, Keagan organizing a drawer for me and talking thru third grade drama including silly boys who didn’t think girls could play football! I want to remember it all! And i bet you could guess Keagan proved those silly boys wrong and rocked football! And that all of this is just the tip of the iceberg of what I don’t want to forget! 

See life has been moving so fast since I last blogged, and SO much has happened that I don’t want to forget! The good news is I took pictures of a small sampling of things. 

My cousin Aaron who i hadn’t seen in almost 20 years brought his family to town for a soccer tournament and it was great to meet Kerri, Maggie and Jack! 










We had Open House at school and I was silly enough to think that we weren’t going to go because I am always at the school already. Both girls were thrilled to show me what they have worked so hard on! Third grade has been a big jump for both of them respectively and they have been working really hard! I’m very proud of them both! 






One day I know I won’t forget is one of my favorite days of the year, Go Texan day! My girls dress up as the cutest little Texans you ever did see and totally rock their Hoe Down at school! Oh and I stepped out of my comfort zone for my team and actually cooked for the chili cook off! 








































We definitely can’t forget the Glow-N-Show! That was a fun LAMP (library, art, music, PE) fundraiser with a glow run, games, face paint, dinner, and an outdoor movie complete with popcorn! We love our Scottie community and making fun memories with them! 


























The girls had both LOVED the dress up days in preparation for that fundraiser, Riley in particular of course! Riley was SO excited to promote it with student council one morning.



I won’t have to try very hard to remember just how strong these two rockstars are! Keagan was very proud of setting a record in PE this year and Riley is very proud she can finally do the playground stairs totally independently! 



Keags had another tennis competition and this session Lauren participated too so it was extra fun. They did great but their coaches moved to participation awards, not our favorite but still fun. 






And finally all three of us are very excited that baseball season is back! In the spring season, our Angels got jerseys, so you can imagine how excited Riley was and how difficult it was to get off her after letting her wear it for two whole days! She is also thrilled that Alessandro is on the team now too! Opening night was cold but so much fun and I must say I do think I’ve got the cutest batter and bat girl ever! 


















We really do have so much fun, accomplish so much and make so many memories. But it’s the little moments I cherish the most and will always hold dear. Like when it gets quiet and the world slows down at night and I get a little extra cuddles and time with each girl, that is when I’m not too tired or grumpy to enjoy it. One more snuggle and scratching Riley’s ears and one more page and scratching Keagan’s back will hopefully last forever! 




But even if specific memories are lost because I forget so much, I will thankfully have this blog and the blog books to look back on. But also the millions of minutes together that built this special love the three of us have. Even if I can’t slow this life down, like I would like to, I know that even at our crazy pace we are enormously blessed to have each other! But that slow mo button would be pretty great too! 


And because I don’t buy school pictures but these are both just too darn cute not to document...








0 comments:

Post a Comment