Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

You’ve Gotta Friend

In my adult life, I have held firmly onto the idea that it’s not what we have in life, it’s who we have in our life that matters. And I don’t just say that because I am a poor single mom that doesn’t really “have” much “stuff” of my own. I say that because besides the gospel of Jesus Christ and of course my two precious girls, my family and my friends that are like family are truly my prized processions. Our prophet, Thomas S Monson said “we were not placed on this earth to walk alone.” And like many things he says I couldn't agree more! It’s our friends and family, our village, our tribe that makes this journey through life sweet and worth doing. Lately I have been so thankful for all of our great friends that the Lord has blessed us with! And they are each blessings straight from Him! 

Those blessings were front and center tonight at Riley’s baseball game. How thankful I was that Riley had such an awesome cheering section of people that love her! Taryn, Reagan, Gama Linda and Coach all made this little girls night and frankly Keagan and I’s too! I wish I could have captured Riley jumping up and down and giggling with them all there!




That was the same reaction her teachers recorded today at school when her class celebrated her upcoming birthday with Paw Patrol cupcakes! Seriously she was SO happy that the video brought me to tears! What special blessing each of her teachers and friends are! 

Alessandro is one school friend in particular that Riley just absolutely loves. It is more then obvious he is one of Rileys prized processions and she recently  told me she is going to marry him! I’m pretty sure the feeling is mutual. We all had a great time at his birthday party last weekend with our other friends Noah, Phoebe, Lane, Hollis and Franchesca and of course their parents whom are also great blessings! 










Keagan’s prized procession of a friend beside her family and especially cousins is a cute group of girls at school but especially Avery. These two are just so stinkin cute together and compliment eachother perfectly! They play hard and encourage eachother and I truly hope they stay friends for life and keep eachother happy and strong! What a blessing Keagan’s little bestie is! 

And I can’t even put into words what a blessing my bestie is! Between her and my sister I will never have to have a triumph, a heart ache or an embarrassing moment alone! It was fun celebrating Taryn last weekend and getting to spend precious time with other strong momma friends whom I love! 

And thankfully I have even more of those kind of friends at work! They are my work family and are such a blessing in my life! If I’m going to have to be at work I am so thankful to be able to love and be loved by so many people there! 



When a kindergartener cries to me at work that someone isn’t being their friend I respond with the classic “the best way to get a friend is to be a friend.” But if I’m being 100% authentic I would add on “to the people the Lord placed in your path to help you along the way.” We are truly so blessed that He gave us each some pretty incredible people on our path! They truly are our prized processions and will be cherished as such. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment