Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

A Dumb Idea

My blood pressure is through the roof after watching game 2 of the Astros in the World Series! My adrenaline is pumpin like I just ran those bases! So to decompress, let’s blog

My sweet girls looked SO stinkin cute at school today! You know why? It was because I  was able to pick out their outfits! Why don’t they realize momma knows best?! Ok I’d like to think it was my doing but really it was just because it was western wear day for Red Ribbon Week. And man the Keags and the Rys sure look stinkin adorable in some hats and boots! Boots which Keagan’s Mom drove all over town yesterday to find for a good sale! 

Riley’s little hat gets me every time! But so does my girls dressed in one of  their numerous cute outfits they own! This was another day where I actually got to pick their outfits. Aren’t they darling?!

But I guess these little people are nine and I am supposed to let them chose whatever they want to wear. Well that’s a dumb idea! Who thought of that?! But that dumb idea is one my girls subscribe to unfortunately. So do you know what that means? It means all their darling outfits stay in their drawers while they wear old T-shirt’s, yes old T-shirt’s. And Miss Keagan would like to wear one of her two pairs of black shorts every single day! And we all know Riley would wear her baseball shirt day and night if we let her. Oh and don’t forget that for quite some time now Keagan will only wear her hair in a tight pony, that’s where this all started. Aghhhh! 

Yes I want my girls to grow up to be strong, independent women who are a bold force for good in this world, who make change happen and conquer anything set before them! But can’t they do all that in the clothes I buy and pick out for them? That seems super reasonable to me! 

But instead this is what we’ve got. 


I know they’re still so stinkin adorable aren’t they? But everything in me is fighting this whole “sporty” phase as Miss Keagan calls it. But apparently I have some strong willed, stubborn little women who came from a long line of strong willed, stubborn women. So T-shirt’s it is I guess. I broke down last week and bought a couple of cute T-shirt’s so hopefully they will at least wear those instead of just their old shirts they got at a VBS, camp, family reunion or as members of a club or something. Hopefully that will calm this crazy momma down! And yes I am fully aware of how ridiculous this sounds! 

So now the rest of the blog post will be examples of the previously mentioned children in mostly the previously mentioned not so cute outfits. 

Riley made spider cookies at school!

And bat cupcakes

Keagan saw he first opera at school, “Hansel and Gretel”

Riley did her thing and “washed” the dishes at Sa’s House. 

They both worked out at their hotel 

They went to spirit night at Spring Creek BBQ





They went to Buccees and fed their new obsession of tomato’s. 

And many, many more! To be honest, these girls have sure accomplished a whole lot lately in old T-shirt’s! So maybe I should just be happy with that? Maybe I should be one of those good moms who lets their children be independent and instead of controlling what they are wearing they worry about what they are teaching their children to become. 

Hey that is really not a dumb idea! Maybe I will try that! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment